Altus NZ Limited's objective is to minimise the environmental impact of our manufacturing and operational activities.
To meet this objective, we have put in place a number of programmes to deliver zero waste and zero incidents in the workplace.
One of these is Lean Manufacturing, which reduces waste and improves worker safety and operational performance. The principles of Lean Manufacturing, which form part of our overall industrial strategy, include:
- To avoid creating waste wherever possible.
- To recycle waste products where avoidance is not practicable.
- Preference for suppliers who adopt similar green policies.
- To reduce our energy use where possible.
- To use zero or low VOC (volatile organic compounds) products where possible.
- The promotion of green principles within the organization and to all stakeholders.
- To provide a healthy and safe workplace for all staff.
- To choose workplace environments that have been designed with green principles.
- To do our best to reduce the environmental impact of our existence for the benefit of all stakeholders and our community.
Recycling of Aluminium
Scrap aluminium from manufacturing, building demolition, and market collections achieves high sale values and is readily purchased, making aluminium one of the most successfully recycled products used in the construction industry.
Reprocessing the scrap uses about 5% of the electricity needed to produce the original primary aluminium and its CO2 emissions footprint is significantly smaller. This makes aluminium a very successful and environmentally friendly recycled product.
To view the Environment Policy click here