Stylish and versatile...
Louvres can be incorporated into houses and commercial buildings in a range of ways to provide additional ventilation when required. Louvres can be supplied in aluminium, timber or glass and powder coated to match the joinery.
Maximum sizes for louvre windows vary by width, height, and wind zone. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise you whether a configuration is possible or contact Altus Technical Support.
As a guide, louvre window panels up to 3.0m high by 0.8m wide are recommended.
Altair™ louvre systems are compatible with Altus joinery systems where required.
- The standard frame is available with a 19mm facing cover.
- Alternatively, the louvre adaptor frame can be used to insert louvres into the standard window frame, or a chair frame and adaptor can be used in some situations.
- Two frame cover extensions that increase facing cover by 21mm are also available when required. Extensions can be incorporated with standard louvre or window frames.
- Aluminium blades are available in 102mm and 152 mm. Both are 6.2mm thick.
- Glass blades are available in 6mm.
- Cedar blades are available in 102mm and 152mm.
Mullions and Transoms
Mullions and transoms are often chosen to add strength to the window to cope with higher wind loads.
A range of nine mullions and transoms ranging from flat, fins, or box back are available to accommodate style or the necessary performance strength to meet deflection requirements. Box mullions can be viewed in the SovereignSeries™ awning window profiles section.
Corner posts 135° and 90° are available along with 120° and 135° coupling bars.
Aluvent passive ventilator enables passive ventilation to be included into sashes and most fixed windows. Refer to the Aluvent section.
A standard range of flashings include 95mm, 84mm,71mm, 68mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 45mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm and 14mm. These have been designed to comply with E2/AS1 Amendment 6 requirements. Refer to the flashings section.
Refer to the hardware section.