Insert Windows provide an affordable solution by replacing old timber windows with new aluminium joinery without compromising the tradition style of your home.
Maximum sizes for Insert Windows and sashes vary by width, height, wind zone and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise whether a configuration is possible.
As a guide, Insert Window fixed panels up to 1800mm height and 1000mm width are attainable with sashes up to a 1000mm height and 900mm width recommended. Other sizes are possible please contact your local manufacturer for advice.
Note: For compliance with NZS4211:2008 &/or NZ Building Code a security stay, safety latch or restrictor must be used for certain sash sizes.
- Insert window frame for replacement into timber frame rebates
Glazing, Beads & Sash Types
- Pocketed sashes provide for greater security and can accommodate most glazing sizes from 18mm-22mm
- Beaded sashes are used to provide for a wide range of glazing options, starting from 4mm–24mm
- French casement sashes are available with glazing options from 4mm–24mm
- A range of 10 beads are available to accommodate glazing options from 4mm–24mm to provide a variety of finishing styles from sloped to square
Mullions & Transoms
Mullions and transoms are often chosen to add strength to the window to cope with higher wind loads:
- A range of 9 mullions and transoms ranging from flat, fins or box back are available to accommodate style or performance strength required to meet deflection requirements