Maximum sizes for hinged doors vary by width, height, wind zone, and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise you whether a configuration is possible or contact Altus Technical support.
As a guide, hinged door panels up to 2.2m height by 0.9m wide are recommended.
- Open in and open out frame with a 19mm facing cover and 24mm glazing pocket (available only as screwed frame).
- An over light transom and coupling bar options are available for over light fixed or opening sashes.
- Two frame cover extensions that increase facing cover by 21mm are also available when required.
Glazing, Beads and Panel Types
- Beaded standard (76mm) and wide (119mm) rails and beaded standard (76mm) and wide stiles (119mm) can be used to provide for a wide range of glazing options from 4mm to 24mm.
- A range of 11 beads are available to accommodate glazing options from 4mm to 24mm and to provide a variety of finishing styles from sloped to square.
- Fully flush beaded panel option for double glazing is available.
- A French door adaptor and sash adaptor are available in the range.
- Special stiles to accommodate multi point locks are available.
- Beaded door panels enable accurate and effective blocking of glass to avoid doors dropping.
Sidelight Windows: Mullions and Transoms
Mullions and transoms are often chosen to add strength to side light windows to cope with higher wind loads.
- Special overlight transom for overlight windows or a coupling bar can be used.
- Vision rails are available to improve safety in high use areas.
Aluvent passive ventilator enables passive ventilation to be included into most doors. Refer to the Aluvent section.
A standard range of flashings include 95mm, 84mm,71mm, 68mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 45mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm and 14mm. These have been designed to comply with E2/AS1 Amendment 6 requirements. Refer to the flashings section.
Proprietary Altus NZ Limited Parliament hinges are used. Refer to the hardware section.