Bifolds are a great way to extend your living space in the summer by giving you an unobstructed opening to any outdoor living and entertainment areas allowing a greater sense of indoor-outdoor living.
Where you have an uneven number of panels, it is a good idea to include a hinged door. This allows convenient exit or entry without opening up the entire Bifold.
Bifolds are available as standard or in a Inline version, which folds back flush with the exterior cladding.
Maximum sizes for bifold doors vary by width, height, wind zone, and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise you whether a configuration is possible or contact Altus Technical support.
As a guide, bifold panels up to 2.2m high by 0.85m wide are recommended.
- Open in and open out frame with a 19mm facing cover and 24mm glazing pocket. Available as optional top hung or bottom rolling.
- The inline fold back bifold open out option is also available (in top hung only). Note: special installation details need to be followed to use special head and jamb supports for these products to operate successfully.
- An over light transom and heavy duty adaptor are available where over lights are required.
- Design allows for flush sill channel systems to be used in internal settings.
- Two frame cover extensions that increase facing cover by 21mm are available when required.
Glazing, Beads and Panel Types
- Beaded door panels enable accurate and effective blocking of glass to avoid doors dropping.
- Beaded standard (76mm) and wide (119) rails and beaded stiles (76mm) can be used to provide for a wide range of glazing options from 4mm to 24mm.
- A range of 11 beads are available to accommodate glazing options from 4mm to 24mm and to provide a variety of finishing styles from sloped to square.
- A fully flush beaded panel option for double glazing is available.
- A French door junction is available in this range.
An Aluvent passive ventilator enables passive ventilation to be included into all bi-fold doors. Refer to the Aluvent section.
A standard range of flashings include 95mm, 84mm,71mm, 68mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 45mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm and 14mm. These have been designed to comply with E2/AS1 Amendment 6 requirements. Refer to the flashings section.
Proprietary Altus NZ Limited bifold hinge and bifold roller assemblies are critical components to provide attractive visual and functional performance of doors and windows. Refer to the hardware section.