Maximum sizes for awning, casement, fixed windows and sashes vary by width, height, wind zone, and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise you whether a configuration is possible or contact Altus Technical Support.
Note for compliance with NZS4211:2008 and the New Zealand Building Code, a security stay, safety latch, or restrictor may be required for certain sash sizes.
- Square flat faced frame with a 19mm flange, accommodating a flush sash.
- Fixed glazing, 41mm glazing platform (IGUs up to 30mm).
- Insert window frame.
- Chair frame (no flange).
- Provision of up to 24mm IGUs in sashes.
- Curved frames are available - both in elevation and plan.
Glazing Beads and Sash Types
- Pocketed sashes provide greater security and can accommodate up to 24mm IGUs.
- The sash is flush at the external face.
- 3 glazing beads are available for glass thicknesses ranging from 22mm to 30mm.
- Beaded sashes are available to the configuration options.
Mullions and Transoms, Corner Posts and Coupling Bars
A range of mullions and transoms are available to add strength to cope with higher wind loads.
- A range of 7 mullions including 2 box-backed mullions.
- 45° and 90° corner posts are available.
- Standard and heavy duty coupling bars are also available.
A standard range of flashings include 95mm, 84mm,71mm, 68mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 45mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm and 14mm. These have been designed to comply with E2/AS1 Amendment 6 requirements.
In addition to the usual range of window hardware including multipoint locking handles, casement hinges are also available, allowing many specialist designs to be created. Refer to your local manufacturer for advice.
Altus Technical Support call 0800 685 665 or email email@example.com