Newly released 41Architectural suite is a residential and commercial aluminium joinery range that is based on the AllSeasons™ suite profile. It offers the same square face design, structural strength and the Altus proprietary connection systems but without the thermal break.
• Square flat faced frame with a 19mm flange, accommodating a flush sash.
• Fixed glazing, 41mm glazing platform (IGUs up to 30mm).
• Provision for up to 24mm IGUs in pocketed sashes and 30mm in beaded sashes.
• A range of mullions and transoms to add strength to cope with higher wind loads.
• 50mm wide panels for greater strength and height on Hinged and Bi-fold Doors.
• The two-piece Stacker Door design means you can add multiple panels.
• The outside sliding door wide track means larger panels can move freely on the track and provides a cleaner surface appearance.
• Door stiles are designed for Mortise locks sets to improve security.
• Panels include torsional stiffening blocks for stronger panels.
• Optional wide stiles and rails.
• Standard and heavy duty coupling bars available.
Crimped Corner Connection System (Patented)
Frames for awning and casement windows and hinged doors are designed to be crimped together in a counter directional way without penetrating the glazing platform. This draws the extrusion together to create tight joints, which with modern sealants significantly reduce the likelihood of leaks.
Sealant is then injected to seal off the frame protecting the liner. The corner connector used in this process also acts as frame support for the mitred joint. It provides controlled drainage paths for condensation, channels errant water at the head and any water picked up through joint failure, safely directing water to the outside of the building envelope.
Corner soakers are now a building code requirement under E2/AS1 Amendment 5 released on 1 August 2011.
The resulting product has:
- Stronger joints, which withstand transportation and installation.
- Tighter joints, which are more attractive and of higher consistent quality.
- Controlled drainage for errant water.
Transom and Mullion Connection System (Patented)
The patented mullion / transom and interlocker connection design removes the need to drill holes through the frame to secure the connection. This eliminates the possibility of frames leaking from this junction point.
The result is:
- No possibility of connection leaks through the frames.
- Stronger, more accurate and higher quality joints.