Commercial Window 40mm is suitable for use in a wide range of applications including low and high rise buildings, Industrial buildings, educational buildings or when a simpler frame section is required. Both awning and casement windows are available and hinged doors can be integrated simply into the configuration if required.
Commercial Window 40mm - Design
The 40mm Commercial Window has been designed to provide a practical solution for low and high rise commercial buildings as well as use in residential projects.
The key objectives of the design were to provide:
- Strength to accommodate very high and specific wind zone requirements.
- Flexibility to accommodate commercial or residential installation detailing.
- Option to integrate with commercial and residential hinged doors.
- 25mm cover facing.
These objectives are met through key design features in 40mm Commercial windows which include:
- Use of flanged or chair frames with beaded seismic frame and sill tray option providing flanged, fixed or seismic frame options.
- Casement and awning sashes (with manual, remote or powered operating gear).
- Strong and heavy box back mullions for large windows or joinery subject to higher wind zones.
- Light, medium and heavy duty mullions and transoms to suit low to very high wind pressure zones.
- Split mullions for continuous walls of windows (horizontal or vertical).
- Frames which accommodate glazing from 4mm-24mm with a variety of bead options, sloped or square.
The split mullions eliminate the need for bulky coupling when long runs of windows are required whilst meeting the seismic/expansion requirements needed in many situations.
Maximum sizes for awning, casement, fixed windows and sashes varies by width, height, wind zone and glazing requirement. Your local Bradnam's branch will be able to advise whether a configuration is possible.
As a guide fixed window panels up to 2.0m height 1.2m wide are recommended with sashes of 1.8m x 1.2m. Other sizes are possible please contact you local Bradnams fabricator for advice.
Note: For compliance with NZS 4211:2008 or NZ Building Code F4 safety from falling, a security stay, safety latch or restrictor must be used for certain sash sizes.
- Standard window frame with 25mm facing cover and 30mm glazing pocket.
- Chair frame is also available for a range of applications including masonry when required.
- A high rise sill can be incorporated to include, seismic and chair frame options.
- Curved frames are available.
Glazing, Beads and Sash Types
- A range of 4 beads are available to accommodate glazing options from 4mm – 24mm to provide a variety of finishing styles from sloped to square.
Mullions and Transoms, Corner Posts and Coupling Bars
Mullions and transoms are often chosen to add strength to the window to cope with higher wind loads:
- A range of 6 mullions and transoms ranging from standard, medium and heavy are available to accommodate style or performance strength required to meet deflection requirements.
- Split medium and heavy duty mullions are also available.
- A 45° mullion also acts as a corner post.
Custom flashings are normally required for commercial installations. These are available from your local Bradnam's branch.
A standard range of flashings include 95mm, 84mm,71mm, 68mm, 63mm, 58mm, 53mm, 48mm, 45mm, 41mm, 38mm, 31mm, 25mm and 14mm. These have been designed to comply with E2/AS1 Amendment 6 requirements.
In addition to the usual range of window hardware, casement hinges are also available allowing many specialist designs to be created – refer to your local Bradnam's branch for advice.
Please refer to Jambliners section.